COVID-safe Practices at Anzac Park
Earlier this week a comprehensive newsletter was sent home to parents outlining the COVID-safe practices that we have in place ready for the return of students over the next few weeks. There has been much talk in the media recently regarding ventilation in classrooms. Yesterday the NSW Department of Education released the following information regarding ventilation
As part of this process the NSW Department of Education has conducted a state-wide review of all windows, fans and ventilation systems. The audit confirms that all learning spaces in our school can be adequately ventilated through natural and mechanically assisted ventilation. A link to our audit report is below.Anzac Park PS Audit Report
An important part of this strategy will be utilising our multiple outdoor learning areas at Anzac Park. We are indeed so fortunate to have our flexible learning spaces and have come a long way in designing adaptable learning spaces. The need to learn outdoors to support health and safety is not a new one. The photo below is from the Netherlands in 1905 in a response to the outbreak of tuberculosis. Our team are looking forward to getting outdoors and utilising our fantastic spaces to support our COVID-safe practices as students return to school.
Return to school roadmap for Term 4
In Term 4, where stay-at-home rules are still in place but high community vaccination and low transmission conditions are met, students will return to school in a staggered approach for prioritised cohorts, with no mingling or on-site activities.
Students will return to face-to-face learning with NSW Health-approved COVID-safe Level 3 plus settings on school sites in the following order:
From 25 October 2021: Kindergarten and Year 1
From 1 November 2021: Years 2, 6
From 8 November 2021: Years 3, 4 & 5.
The return to school roadmap is subject to change depending on new information expected through the Public Health Order and additional advice from NSW Health. You can stay up to date with the most recent advice on our Advice for families page.
Thank you again for your understanding and support. We hope you and your family enjoy a safe and very well-deserved break over the holidays. Please take some time over the break to check out our wellbeing resources for students and families. You’ll find useful tools for mental health and Term 4 preparation. Please do not hesitate to reach out if we can do anything to help you and your children to prepare for Term 4 or if you have any concerns about the return to school. I will be in touch again soon with further information and any updates for you and your children.
Anzac Park is a proud uniform wearing school. A couple of reminders regarding our uniform:
- Please ensure your child is wearing Anzac Park uniform items and not alternate jumpers and hats.
- Black shoes are an important part of our uniform every day unless your child is wearing sports uniform.
- We have a ‘no hat, play in the shade’ policy and require every child to wear a school hat when outside. This includes before and after school. Beanies are not part of the school uniform.
We appreciate the support of all families in adhering to these uniform guidelines. As the weather starts to become colder, we are increasingly dealing with the challenge of tracking down jumpers and jackets when they are taken off at school. It is very frustrating when expensive clothing is lost or we are unable to return jackets to the owners as they do not have names on them.
Let’s work together as a whole school to do the following:
- Label every piece of your child’s school uniform clearly with their name – especially hats and jackets.
- Remind your child about the importance of putting their clothing in their bag if they take it off.
- If your child comes home with an item of clothing which does not belong to them, please return it to school with a note so that it can be returned to its rightful owner.
You would be aware that there has been an increase in COVID cases in Sydney over the past few days and we are all focused on ensuring we work together to keep our school community safe. A few reminders for our parent community include;
- Please ensure you don’t come into the school grounds if you are feeling at all unwell. Similarly please keep your children home from school if they are unwell.
- If coming into the school, I ask that everyone is vigilant in signing in with our QR code. You will find the code displayed at the front entrance and in the school grounds. If you are coming into the school for a meeting or to volunteer, please ensure you sign in at the main office and sign out when you leave.
- All parents should regularly check the NSW Government COVID-19 news and updates for the venues and locations and adhere to advice where required. If you have visited one of the venues of concern during the times and dates specified, please get tested immediately and follow the instructions on the NSW Government website. In addition, as advised by NSW Health, anyone who visited Westfield Bondi Junction (including the car park) on 12 and 13 June should follow the guidelines provided by the NSW government.
Thank you as always for your support, understanding, patience and collective community spirit.