Morning Drop Off Procedures
From the beginning of Term 2 (Tuesday 20 April), school start time for ALL STUDENTS will revert to 9am. There is no longer any need to stagger the school start times. Students can continue to arrive at school from 8.30am.
- Kindergarten students will place their bags in Bamboo Grove, Year 1 students will place their bags on the Grandstand and then Kindergarten & Year 1 students can play on the Lower Terrace before school
- Students in Year 2 will place their bags on the Upper Terrace and play on the Upper Terrace before school
- Students in Year 3 & 4 will proceed to the Purple Neighbourhood for BYOD sign in and then return to the Upper Terrace to play before school
- Students in Stage 3 will continue to go the Rooftop Terrace before school.
- If you are coming into the school grounds to drop off your child, we ask that you leave before the bell goes. This enables our teachers to move the children into their classrooms promptly and smoothly, making for a settled start to the day and maximises learning time.
Pick Up Procedures in the Afternoon
From the beginning of Term 2 (Tuesday 20 April), pick up time for ALL STUDENTS will revert to 3pm. There is no longer any need to stagger the school finishing times.
- From Term 2, all Kindergarten children will be picked up from the Bamboo Grove inside the school grounds. All Kindergarten parents picking up their child at 3pm will need to park their car and walk into the school to pick up their child from the Bamboo Grove playground from the beginning of Term 2. Children in Kindergarten who have a sibling in an older grade may collect their Kindergarten sibling from Bamboo Grove and then proceed to meet their parent /carer.
- Stage 1 children (students in Year 1 and Year 2) will be picked up from the area at the front of the school on Anzac Avenue (steps at the front of the school). Children in Stage 1 who have a sibling in an older grade may collect their Stage 1 sibling from the front of the school and then proceed to meet their parent /carer.
- All students in Years 3-6 will be dismissed from classrooms at 3pm. Parents will need to coordinate a place to pick up your children at 3pm. The Miller St gate will be opened each afternoon to access the school and for students to leave the school grounds.
- Students attending TeamKids and various aftercare services will meet staff as per normal procedure.
- If you come onto school grounds for drop off and pick up, you will need to scan the ‘Service NSW COVID Check In’ QR code at the entrance to the school.
- Please discuss after school pick up arrangements with your child during the school holidays. It is particularly important for siblings to know where they should meet their siblings after school and where they will be picked up.
- From the beginning of Term 2, there will be no teacher supporting parents in the school drop-off zone near the pedestrian exit. There is no need to have your dashboard sign.
- All adults coming onto school grounds should continue to follow COVID safe practices, including distancing of 1.5 metres between each other and hygiene practices such as hand washing.
- No parents are to enter classrooms or buildings without a pre-arranged meeting time and without signing in at the school office and scanning the Service NSW COVID Check In’ QR code.