Objections are closing on the 28th February, 2021. Rhys – our tunnel coordinator has worked very hard to provide you with a template to send to the State Government.
Some of the objections include: * Health and Safety of our children and community – FILTRATION * Our waterways and the long term effects * Traffic flow and restriction to local traffic * Green space – impact on Cammeray Golf Club, Anzac Park, St Leonards Park
Please see template and call for action documents below.
2021 CLASS LISTS The P&C hope everyone has settled into the new school year!
Now that the 2021 classes are formed, it’s time to build the class lists.
The P&C distributes the class list to the parent representative of each class and year. The parents representatives might use this list to assist teachers with communication, as well as social events, like playdates, birthday invitations etc.
The official school list is not available for this purpose so you will need to fill in this form if you would like to be included in this form of communication.
When completing the form (link below) you can nominate to have your contact information remain only with the class parent representative or your willingness for it to be shared with other parents/carers of the class.
EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES The extra curricular activities list has been updated. Please see under Events / Extra Curricular Activities.
Tuesday 2 March – SRE and SEE commences
Tuesday 9 March P&C AGM @ 7pm
Friday 12 March Zone Swimming Carnival
15 March – 18 March Student Led Conferences
Friday 19 March Harmony Day
22 March – 24 March Yr 5 / Yr 6 Canberra Overnight Excursion
Thursday 1 April – Last Day Term 1
Directions in Music If you are interested in enrolling your child in the 2021 Anzac Park Band and strings program please scan the QR code to register online. You can also contact Directions in Music on ph 9662 2211.
As a school community we continue to follow the NSW Department of Education and NSW Health COVID-19 guidelines. The school continues to maintain a high standard of hygiene and cleaning. Please remember to keep your child at home if they are unwell and notify the school immediately if your child has come into close contact with a confirmed COVID-19 person. As a school community we will be implementing the following in response to the COVID-19 guidelines;
– Staggered start and finish times. Kindergarten and Stage 2 will commence school at 8.45am each morning and finish at 2.45pm. Stage 1 and Stage 3 will commence school at 9am and finish at 3pm. More information about afternoon pick up procedures will be sent home shortly.
** NB: For Day 1 of Kindy (Wed 3rd Feb) – individual staggered start times have been advised to each family. This information was provided in the same email that advised your Best Start interview time. **
– Parents and carers are not allowed on our school site during school hours except for the following purposes only:
1. Essential parent and carer meetings with teachers and/or school executives, with a scheduled appointment.
2. Parents and carers who attend school for the purpose of picking up their child if they are unwell or where they have been asked to arrange for a COVID-19 test after their child has displayed flu-like symptoms while at school.
3. Parents and carers of Kindergarten students will be allowed on the school site to drop off their children on the first few days of school provided they follow physical distancing and hygiene measures implemented by the school. Staff will be at the main entrance on Friday morning to support students in Years 1-6 settle into their first day back.
– Visitors to our school will be required to check-in using the Service NSW QR code in addition to completing the NSW Department of Education COVID-19 declaration form.
– Staff will continue to actively implement hygiene procedures including students using hand sanitizer and supervised hand washing
Please be reminded you cannot stop in the “NO STOPPING” beside the 15 min zone on ANZAC AVENUE while waiting to pick up your child. You must continue to drive around the block to keep the traffic flowing and to allow cars to turn right into ANZAC AVENUE from Ernest St.
Also, please be reminded it is illegal to turn right into the Kiss and Drop from Rosalind St. The Kiss and Drop is classified as a divided road – not an intersection, so you can’t cross double lines. You must access Kiss and Drop from Ernest St.
The Anzac Park Ethics program builds the critical reasoning ability of our students, helping them to come to a deep understanding of their own values. Students learn how to think through different issues and identify strong and weak arguments. At Anzac Park, we have one of the largest ethics programs in the state, supported by a fantastic team of volunteer teachers including parents, grandparents and community volunteers.
So that we can continue to offer ethics classes to all families who request them, we are looking for a number of new volunteer teachers to join the program in 2021. Teaching Ethics is a great way to get involved in the classroom and support the school. It could also help you to develop your own thinking, reasoning and facilitation skills!
Volunteers don’t need previous teaching experience or a background in philosophy or ethics. You receive full training and a fully prepared lesson each week. An APPS teacher is also present in each class for additional support. Classes are discussion based, so more teachers means smaller classes and a much greater chance for your child to fully participate in the lesson. Classes run every Tuesday.
If teaching ethics is a possibility for you, or someone you know (we’d love to hear from some grandparents or 2021 kindy parents!), please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Ethics Coordinator, Cathy Chase on 0414 784 272.