>>> VARIATION OF SCHOOL DAY
Year 3 to Year 6 – SCHOOL WILL START AT 8.45am & FINISH AT 2.45pm
Kindergarten to Year 2 – SCHOOL WILL START AT 9.15am & FINISH AT 3.15pm
- If your child is attending TeamKids, your child should proceed to TeamKids at 2.45pm or 3.15pm following their usual routine.
- If your child is in Stage 2 or 3 and going home independently, your child may leave the school grounds at the end of the school day. If your child is in Stage 2, please email your child’s Key Teacher if your child is going home independently.
- If your child is in Year 4 / Stage 3 (2.45pm finish) or Year 1 /Year 2 (3.15pm finish) you will pick your child up from the Anzac Ave steps at the front of the school. If walking, please follow the signs and observe social distancing whilst waiting for your child. If driving, use the pick up zone at the front of school.
- If your child is in Year 3 (2.45pm finish) or Kindergarten (3.15pm finish) you will pick your child up from the pedestrian gate. Your child will be waiting for you on the Lower Terrace. If walking, please follow the signs and observe social distancing whilst waiting for your child. If driving, use the Kiss and Drop Zone.
- If your child who finishes school at 2.45pm has a sibling who finishes at 3.15pm, your child will be supervised in the Lime Loft until the bell goes at 3.15pm. At 3.15pm, they are to join their sibling at the 3.15pm pick up location
>>> VOLUNTEERS REQUIRED FOR ELECTION DAY BBQ & CAKE SALE
Saturday 4th December will be the NSW Local Election day and APPS is open again as a Polling Booth location.
We will be holding a BBQ and Bake Sale to raise funds for the school and would like to ask all families to volunteer some of their time to help serve food, sell baked goods or help cook the BBQ!
Some extra layers of protection will be required for volunteers, who will be required to check in, be double vaccinated and wear a mask both indoors and outdoors.
If we all join forces to volunteer a small amount of time it lessens the load for others. Please add your name to this link with the time you can help out:
You could get a group together and fill a timeslot – or slot yourself in at a time that suits and meet other families from APPS. If you cannot help on the day please bake up a storm and donate goods for the bake sale.
Details on baked goods delivery will follow soon, but please remember we need to include a label clearly identifying ingredients.
We look forward to seeing you all helping out at your child’s school!
Thanks for your support
The P&C Team
>>> APPS SCHOOL PHOTOS
Next week, APPS will be having our school photos days. Your child must wear their full summer uniform, even if they usually have sport on one of these days. See below photo dates:
- Years K-2: Monday 15 November
- Years 3-6: Thursday 18 November
To order photos, please visit the photographer’s website by clicking on the link below & using the code X2052PEC44AP. All orders must be submitted by Friday 26 November by 8:30am. Cash orders will not be accepted.The School Photographer
Please ensure that your child is looking photo ready with their best Anzac Park smile!
>>> CANTEEN NEWS
>>> COLOUR RUN EXPLOSION – NEW DATE
We have locked in the Colour Run for Fun on Sunday 27th February 2022. More info to come in TERM 1.
>>> 653E BUS SERVICE
The 653E school bus has resumed its services (starting from Monday 18th October) and is now operational.
>>> LET US HELP SUPPORT AND PROMOTE YOUR BUSINESS
The SRC and P&C would like to SUPPORT YOUR BUSINESS!
During these uncertain times, we understand that local / small business is taking a massive hit and we as a community and SRC would like to support you.
It is a simple initiative by which you upload and advertise your business, we will then collate it and place it on a website for all to share.
Some ideas can be a short video, your business name, catchy jingle, what your business is offering during lockdown ie: take away, online tutorials, etc
If you would like to take part in this initiative, please fill in the Google form, to let us know a little more about your business, and upload your video, slogan, etc here:-
Upload Video Here
We are hoping that this website can also act as a source of ideas and inspiration to keep our families entertained and happy during this difficult time.
>>> ANAPHYLAXIS REMINDER – PLEASE ENSURE NO NUTS or NUT PRODUCTS ARE BROUGHT TO SCHOOL
All families are asked to assist the children in our school who are anaphylactic or have severe allergies. This is potentially a life threatening condition. Please do not send any of the following foods with your child whilst they are at school:
- Peanuts and other nuts including cashews, hazelnuts, walnuts, pistachios, macadamia, brazil nuts
- Peanut Butter or Nutella
- Muesli bars containing nuts or any other foods containing nuts
>>> 2022 ENROLMENTS HAVE OPENED
Enrolments have opened for students wishing to enrol at Anzac Park Public School from Kindergarten to Year 6 in 2022. Information about enrolment can be accessed on our school website or by contacting the school. Please find below our 2022 enrolment flyer which details all events for students enrolling for next year. Please let friends and neighbours know about this flyer and that enrolment forms are available at the school office or on the school website. If you have a child starting school next year, please go to our school website and follow the link to complete an online enrolment form.
If you are able to help with KISS and DROP (morning or afternoon) – please fill in the forms at the office and update your availability HERE:
“Let’s keep our kids safe as they get in and out of the car” –
This form can also be found under EVENTS / VOLUNTEERING OPPORTUNITIES on this website.
You will receive a snazzy yellow vest and it is a great way to meet and greet your fellow families.
Times are short (8:25am-9am and 2:40pm-3pm)
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE
>>> EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
The extra curricular activities list has been updated. Please see under Events / Extra Curricular Activities.
>>> CREATIVE KIDS VOUCHER IDEAS
If you are looking for some ideas on how to use your Creative Kids Vouchers – please check out the following link here
>>> Upcoming Dates
- 4th December – Election Day BBQ and Cake Stall
Please support our 2nd hand uniform shop