This voluntary contribution is included in the Term 2 invoice and enables us to enhance our educational and sporting programs including elective subjects and helps to provide additional educational resources for the benefit of students.
The P&C voluntary contribution is in lieu of chocolate drives, cake stalls, fete’s, raffle tickets etc.
Some examples of school community resources the APPS P&C has contributed to in the past 2 years include:
* Fixed playground equipment on the upper and lower terraces
* Shade Sails in Playground
* Water bottle re-fill stations
* PSSA uniforms
* STEAM hub – IPADs, Robotics and Maker equipment
* Library resources
The P&C relies on ongoing support from our parent community in order to continue to be able to support similar projects that benefit the school and in turn, our children.
School Wish List for 2021
• STEAM and library resources funding
• Outdoor kitchen/BBQ area: School shark tank project winner in 2019.
School obtaining quotations for this project.
• Expert speakers programme, funded by P&C. Covering a wide range of
topics that are commonly mentioned by APPS families that they would
welcome more information on.
Longer term projects:
• Two longer term projects (Astroturf replacement and additional shade sails
above playground equipment and outdoor kitchen area) will also be partially
included in this year’s budget. These are projects that need to be funded over
a number of years with an amount set aside each year to enable completion
in future years.
• An additional future project is a playground upgrade of the sloped area
adjacent to the slides. We will look for this to be included in future years
spending, not this year.